August Rewind: Mayors Summit Video Blog Series
During the month of August, we’ll be sharing a selection of highlights from 2014 thus far. Please enjoy our August Rewind – we’ll be back with more news in September.
At the C40 Mayors Summit in February, we conducted a series of video interviews in partnership with the City of Johannesburg, which hosted the Summit. What follows are brief summaries and links to the 19 interviews we conducted with Mayors, public officials and urban sustainability experts, which previous appeared on the C40 blog as the Summit Video Blog Series.
- Mayor of Houston Annise Parker talks about mayors working together to get things done
- Mayor of Rotterdam Ahmed Aboutaleb explains how “water is our life, our economy, our jobs, but our biggest enemy”
- Mayor of Venice Giorgio Orsoni on mitigating vulnerabilities to climate change
- Mayor of Dar es Salaam City Council Dr. Didas Massaburi on joining the C40: “…we have to join this group of winners…”
- Deputy Mayor of Seoul Kim Sang Bum says “sharing knowledge with other cities is one of the benefits of C40”
- Governing Mayor of Oslo Stian Berger Røsland discusses how mayors of large and small cities face the same challenges
- Mayor of Portland Charlie Hales: “we’re around some really impressive cities”
- Secretary General Susana Muhamad, City of Bogotá discusses how C40 inspires collaboration, continuous learning
- Mayor of Vancouver Gregor Robertson tells us how cities can drive change with data
- Mayor of Philadelphia Michael Nutter discusses grassroots efforts in cities
- Executive Mayor of the City of Johannesburg Mpho Parks Tau tells us what it was like hosting the C40 Mayors Summit
- President of the Environmental Protection Agency, Ministry of Environment & Public Space in Buenos Aires Juan Carlos Villalonga tells us what he learned at the C40 Mayors Summit
- Hong Kong’s Undersecretary for the Environment Christine Loh helps us find solutions in a densely populated city
Urban Sustainability Experts
- C40 Executive Director Mark Watts discusses everything from the new Climate Action in Megacities 2.0 report to the growing importance of cities at the intergovernmental level
- World Resources Institute President & CEO Andrew Steer says "...cities need to be the solution..."
- U.S. Green Building Council Senior Vice President for Global Policy Roger Platt tells us how “buildings are a critical part of what C40 mayors are doing to make a difference”
- Director of Global Securing Water Program at The Nature Conservancy Adam Freed says “cities are at the heart of a global water crisis”
- Global Head of Urban Development at Siemens Martin Powell talks about the value of public-private partnerships
- Senior Environment & Energy Advisor to the Mayor of London, Greater London Authority Matthew Pencharz explains how C40 cities can make us healthier and wealthier
To view all of the videos, click here.